Digiscrap Map exists to bring together the digital scrapbooking community through live chats and recorded interviews.
How do I find out about a scheduled event?
Enter your e-mail in the box on the sidebar of the site. Scheduled events will be posted and you will receive an e-mail regarding the same. Be sure to mark your personal calendars with a pop-up reminder.
How do I participate in the chat?
Visit the live chat tab on this site and utilize one of the two chat options.
1. uStream (See this tutorial)
2. Twitter (See this tutorial)
How do I subscribe to the podcast?
See this tutorial!
I missed the show! How do I watch the recorded show?
1. Shows can be found immediately at the conclusion of the live show on the "We Get Around" tab.
2. Watch for the blog posts on the home page. If you receive the blog posts in your inbox (see sidebar of site), you will be notified when a new show is posted on the site. Look for the labels in the sidebar to find designers from your favorite sites.
How can I be included in the "We Get Around" page?
Send a PM on Facebook with your uStream account ID and store link. (See this tutorial).
How can I become a guest?
Send a PM on Facebook.
What is expected of me as a guest?
1. We prefer that our guests utilize a webcam, but can accommodate voice only.
2. A free Skype account is necessary for the chat. Become my Skype friend by searching for "hummies world." Skype is utilized for both the video and voice.
3. Each guest will given permission to post on the blog and be expected to create and post the announcement of the chat. What is included in the post is up to you. Get creative and add your own introduction video, add a pre-challenge with a prize to be awarded during the live chat utilizing the Flickr group for entries, share any free downloads to be given away, or any other creative and fun ideas that you may have. Of course, the extras are not required. Do as much or as little as you want.
4. Help promote the chat through your own blog or any other means. Utilize and invite people through the Facebook calendar (see the event tab).
5. Send graphics to be utilized during the chat to the host prior to the chat time. Graphics will include the following AND whatever else you want to send.
- 1. Preview of the best selling item in your store.
- 2. The favorite item you have that you created in your store.
- 3. Your favorite layout that you ever made.
- 4. A layout that showcases your favorite technique.
6. Provide any reference links or downloads links to the host prior to the chat time. The host will convert the links to shorter, easier to use links which will be displayed on the screen during the chat. These shorter links will also provide statistics.
7...................yada yada yada....more to come!
The Sparkles and Pixies are hard at work!
But they are tired and need more time. How's this for a start. . .